February 17, 2023
- Added support for hourly Self Service credit balances. Documentation can be found here.
- Fixed display bugs in admin logs.
- Fixed an issue with UEFI ROM auto detection.
- Added the option to enable network boot on a per server basis (Server -> Settings -> Network Boot).
- Increased server power function timeouts.
- Moved slow loading assets to the application vendor bundles.
February 8, 2023
- Added support for end user Self Service. Documentation can be found here and this feature comes in two variations, both of which can be used in conjunction with each other.
- Hourly Accounting. VirtFusion tracks the server usage from start to finish and logs the duration and addons. Consult the documentation for configuration and limitations.
- Resource Packs. Collections of resources (memory, storage, cpu etc...) allocated to a user. Consult the documentation for configuration and limitations.
- Added support for NAT based networking (docs) with the following features.
- User custom port configuration (20 + 3 service ports).
- User domain forwarding configuration over ports 80 & 443.
- Native IPv6.
- Added the ability to customise the login screen with logo, background and text (Admin -> Settings -> Look & Feel).
- Added firewall rulesets that can be assigned to server packages and applied on deployment or directly to a server.
- Added support for Shell, Powershell, Batch and Python Provisioner scripts (Admin -> Server -> Provisioners). Provisioners are assigned to operating system templates at multiple points in the cloud-init configuration.
- Added force IPv6 option to packages. This option will force IPv6 on the server instead of giving the user an option to choose if they deploy it or not.
- Added the option to prevent users from changing their name and email address (Settings -> General -> Misc -> Allow Users to Change Account Details).
- Added support for auto-detection of a suitable UEFI ROM (through Libvirt capabilities). This should solve the issue of failed server boots if the selected ROM is missing.
- Added the option to disable cloud-init on a per server basis (Server -> Settings -> Cloud-Init).
- Added server audit logs to track the user, ip address, endpoint and date/time of each action performed. Logs are not currently available to end users (Admin -> Servers -> Audit & Admin -> Server -> Audit).
- Added the option to disable the forgot password option on the login page. This option is enabled by default (Admin -> Settings -> General -> Misc -> Allow Forgot Password).
- Added a CLI command to restart application services on the control server. (
- Added internal server action throttling. This allows fine grained abuse prevention of reboots, password resets etc... User definable options will be available in a future release.
- Added search by user ID/email and self service resource pack to servers table.
- Improved server migration integrity with write lock support for the metrics datastore.
- Improved the end user IPv6 address allocation routine allowing faster generation of addresses from large subnets.
- Improved VNC port allocation when server migrate completions are in a pending state.
- Updates will now attempt to flush the previous version of the application from memory.
- Fixed various issues with server package upgrades. (CPU topology now applies correctly).
- Fixed many minor (insignificant) backend bugs and annoyances (control & hypervisor).
- Multiple improvements to the admin user interface including fixes for previous display bugs.
- Multiple improvements to the end user interface including fixes for previous display bugs.
- All application dependencies have been updated to their latest versions (framework).
Testing Build 5
February 1, 2023
- Fixed issue where CPU topology was not being altered on VM package changes.
- Added Self Service (hourly) per user reports. (Admin -> Self Service -> Reports)
- Self Service token values are now inherited from packages by default (with per VM overrides).
- Added Self Service (hourly) addons.
- Improved VNC port allocation when migration completions are pending.
- Added search by user ID/email and resource pack to servers tables.
- Added Self Service group profiles. This is a breaking change for hourly services. Please see https://docs.virtfusion.com/2.0/guides/self-service for the latest configuration information.
Testing Build 4
January 20, 2023
- Added option to prevent users from changing their name and email address (Settings -> General -> Misc -> Allow Users to Change Account Details).
- Added support for auto-detection of UEFI ROM (Libvirt capabilities).
- Added option to disable cloud-init on a per VM basis (Server -> Settings -> Cloud-Init).
- Added VM audit logs. (Admin -> Servers -> Audit & Server -> Audit).
- Added server action throttling.
- Added Self Service widget to End User dashboard.
- Fixed various UI elements (Admin & End User).
- Updated vendor bundles to latest versions.
Testing Build 3
January 10, 2023
- Added support for Provisioner scripts (Shell, Powershell, Batch, Python).
- Added write lock support to metrics datastore on VM migrations.
- Improved Self Service package display settings with overrides.
- Added Self Service package option to specify the number of IPv4 to be issued.
- Fixed display issue with User Authentication Logs.
- Added force IPv6 option to packages.
- Added Name and Label overrides to Self Service hypervisor groups.
Testing Build 2
December 20, 2022
- Fixed issue with saving server package settings.
- Added token & hour totals to self service usage API endpoint.
- Added option for end users to view a basic monthly usage breakdown of self service VMs.
Testing Build 1
December 17, 2022
- Added support for end user Self Service. https://docs.virtfusion.com/2.0/guides/self-service
- Added support for NAT networking (including custom port & domain forwarding). https://docs.virtfusion.com/2.0/guides/nat-setup
- Added ability to customise the login screen with logo/background/text.
- Added firewall rulesets (can be assigned to VM packages or directly to a VM).
- Fixed multiple display bugs in the end user and admin UI (missing labels, un-flushed reactive data, object conversion...).
- Fixed issue where end users couldn't assign multiple IPv6 addresses from certain subnet sizes.